Peace Boat offers a great opportunity for those people with language skills to further develop their capacity while contributing to the strengthening of global civil society. Each voyage, Peace Boat recruits volunteer interpreters and language teachers to support its programmes onboard.
- INTERPRETER - Applications are now open for the 86th voyage departing Japan on November 21st, 2014 and returning to Japan on March 5th, 2015.
For more information on interpreting onboard. Interpreter
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS - GET, Peace Boat's language training programme, is now accepting applications for English and Spanish language instructors for the 86th voyage departing Japan on November 21st, 2014 and returning to Japan on March 5th, 2015. The Volunteer Language Teacher application deadline is 17:00 (Japan Standard Time) on Friday, July 18th, 2014. Interviews are scheduled to be held in Tokyo on August 9th and 10th (Saturday and Sunday), 2014. Skype interviews for overseas applicants will be held around the time of the domestic interviews. Interview dates are subject to change, please check here for constant updates.
Due to regulations governing sections of our 87th Peace Boat Global voyage we regret that we are unable to accept applications for volunteer teachers from citizens or permanent residents of the USA for the 87th voyage (Apr-Jul 2015). As such, we encourage USA citizens to apply for the 86th, 88th or 90th voyage. We regret this situation and apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
For more information on teaching onboard. English language teacher
For an information/application pack please DOWNLOAD HERE
- PROFESOR(A) - El programa de GET está aceptando solicitudes para el puesto de profesor(a) voluntario(a) de español en nuestro Viaje Global 86 que saldrá el 21 de noviembre de 2014 y regresará el 5 de marzo de 2015. La fecha límite para recibir las solicitudes es el viernes, 18 de julio de 2014, a las 17:00 (Hora de Japón). Las entrevistas se realizarán en Tokio los días 9 y 10 de agosto de 2014 (sabado y domingo). Las entrevistas telefónicas para candidatos en el exterior se realizarán alrededor de estas fechas. Las fechas de las entrevistas están sujetas a cambios, por favor consultar esta página para actualizaciones.
Debido a regulaciones que rigen segmentos del Viaje Global 87 (Abril-Julio 2015) de Peace Boat, lamentamos anunciar que no podemos aceptar aplicaciones para los puestos de voluntarios por parte de ciudadanos o residentes permanentes de E.E.U.U para el viaje 87. Por esa razón incentivamos a los ciudadanos/residentes americanos a aplicar para el viaje 86, 88 u 90. Lamentamos la situación y nos disculpamos por cualquier inconveniente que esto pueda causar. Agradecemos su cooperación y comprensión al respecto.
Para más información: Profesor(a) de español
Para acceder al dossier de información/solicitud, descargar aquí.
Peace Boat Internship Programme
Peace Boat 2014 July-December Internship Programme
Peace Boat is pleased to announce we have begun to accept applications for our 2014 July-December Internship Programme at our Peace Boat Office in Tokyo. We welcome the application of individuals interested in supporting our activities while gaining hands on NGO experience in the field of peace, sustainability, international cultural exchange, and other areas. Internship Programme
Peace Boat Centers: Japan volunteer opportunities
Our ten Peace Boat Centers in Japan are open to volunteers who wish to assist with preparations for upcoming voyages and contribute to our Japan-based programmes. If you are living in Japan, can communicate in Japanese and would like to get involved in our activities please read more about our volunteer opportunities on land. Volunteer opportunities in Japan
Peace Boat US: New York volunteer opportunities
Peace Boat's sister organization, Peace Boat US
, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, offers internship and volunteer opportunities based in its office in New York in front of the United Nations building. For further information please contact info [at] peaceboat-us.org or telephone on +1-212-687-7214. Volunteer opportunities in New York
- INTERNSHIP - Peace Boat US offers an excellent chance to gain experience and knowledge about the civil society, non-profit, non-governmental world as well as participate in International Conferences at the United Nations. We're looking for people who can commit to working in the New York office 15 hours per week for at least three consecutive months. Interns do not receive financial compensation, but may be eligible for discounts and/or scholarships for our programs onboard a Peace Boat voyage. We welcome applications for review on a case-by-case basis. Please complete and submit this Intern Application, or contact the Peace Boat US office for more information.
- VOLUNTEER - Volunteering at our New York office - whether as as intern or on a short-term, occasional basis - is a fantastic way to gain great experience in the non-governmental / non-profit field, get to know Peace Boat US and our partner organization Peace Boat, and for us to get to know you! We warmly welcome volunteers as a key element in making our events and campaigns a success. Volunteers work on campaigns (such as the abolition of nuclear weapons), promotions, event coordination, educational program development, office administration, preparation for events at the United Nations and other tasks.